Get My Memo?
Tools of the Trade
Thanks to September’s article “All About Branding“, you already understand the importance of building a strong brand to represent your business and create consumer loyalty. Developing a brand is the first step to creating an effective marketing strategy, and once you have a solid brand in place, you can begin the process of selecting marketing materials to promote that brand. Business cards, brochures, and postcards are excellent marketing tools but they only serve one purpose: providing potential customers with information about your company, products, and services. Think outside the box and embrace a marketing piece with a dual purpose: Memo Pads.
Write It Down
David Allen, the founder of Getting Things Done® and the leading authority on personal productivity believes “your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”
This is where memo pads become your go-to. Memo Pads, also referred to as notepads, are an easy, convenient way to track dates and reminders, make shopping or to-do lists, take impromptu notes on observations and ideas, and leave general notes to coworkers, family members, and friends.
Memo pads have a hard backing with easily removable pages. They can be used internally in your home, at your office, or left at a receptionist’s desk. They can also be used as freebies and give-aways at trade shows and conferences, or left in gift bags passed out at fundraisers and corporate events.
Design On A Dime
Unlike bulkier advertisements like trifold brochures, flyers, and booklets, your memo pads don’t require an abundance of time or creativity to develop a good design. In fact, keep your artwork simple so your memo pads easily convey your:
- Business Name
- Bssiness Logo
- Contact info including address, phone, email, and social media platform icons
- A special message (optional)
- A bullet-list of products and services (optional)
Use one color for a monochromatic appearance or combine two or three colors for a palette that pops.
Look On The Print Side
Printing memo pads couldn’t be easier, more affordable, or more effective! This product is completely customizable, giving you the freedom to tailor your marketing to fit your needs, budget, or size of your event. Memo pads:
- Can be printed in any quantity. Need 10 memo pads for your home office? No problem! Need 5,000 for your next trade show? Also, not a problem!
- Typically come in two standard sizes: 4.25″ x 5.5″ or 8.5″ x 5.5″. However, custom pad sizes are available.
- Usually come with 50 sheets/pad, but can come as few as 25 sheets/pad or as many as 100 sheets/pad.
- Have endless stock options. Most memo pads are used as “throw away notes” that don’t need to last forever. With this in mind, we recommend printing on 20# bond or 60# offset stock.